A Mom Blog Social Network
When I was first entered the workforce (I mean a real job, not fast food!), I was told that in every field we need to constantly be working to better ourselves - whether by going to conferences to learn new skills, reading up on trade publications to keep up our education, or other options to keep learning new things, staying on top of what's new in the field and keeping relevant. I totally understand how that helps! But now I'm wanting to do the same as a blogger. I know that going to conferences is an awesome way to grow as a blogger, but that isn't an option for me right now as I'm sitting at home waiting for my newborn's arrival. (Seriously, any day now kid!) So I wanted to reach out to other bloggers - and who better than this group? - to find out what you are doing to better your blog.
Suggestions I've looked into in the past and am considering:
- ProBlogger's 31 Days to Build a Better Blog program ($30 eBook purchase)
- Mom Blog SEO ($20 eBook purchase)
- Reaching out to more PR folks (currently doing this on PR Newswire)
- Being more active on blog communities (hello! Doing this now! But sometimes I don't know how to reach out in the community)
- Vlogging (not sure I'm camera-ready...)
- Building relationships with brands so that I can get sponsorships for conferences next year (can't wait for the details on Bloggy Con 2012!)
- Writing more series on my blog
That's all I've got. What do you do?