In the midst of the craziness that life can be, did you remember Halloween is next weekend? We didn't forget necessarily - - 'back burnered' is probably a more accurate term. But for the next 12 Days, we're counting down with fun tips, ideas, inspiration and (cool) events that will make even the scraggliest of Halloween scrooges get in the "boo-action."
Need something fun to bring in for the class Halloween party? Having a little harvest fest of your own and need some treat ideas? Want to sweeten the festivities for your
own family celebration? Check out today's baked treat inspiration board. Don't worry if your inner baking diva isn't being brought back to life. We've also got some fabulous fake-it-don't-bake it tip below, too!
- Candy Corn Cupcakes: These adorable mini-cupcakes from MB Sweets Cupcakery are toddler sized and scrumptiously munchable! If you're local, you can nab a sample during Wee Chic's Tea Trunk Show on Thursday, or contact Melanie and order up a dozen. Not local? Mini-cupcakes with candy corn on top would work beautifully, too!
- Candy Coated Caramel Apples: This fun idea from All Woman Blog combines the sweet 'n tart caramel covered apple with your favorite candy. A fun get-your-kids-in-the-kitchen activity, too. The caramel is really a bag of melted soft caramels... super easy.
- Halloween Cake Pops: Bakerella made the Cake Pop famous, and Shanelle and Julie at Seven Little Monkeys created these kid-friendly pops! Don't want to to actually bake? Use marshmallows like I did for Lila's Ladybug Birthday party Bug Pops! It's not too late to order pops from Bakerella, either!
- Halloween Goody Tubes: Don't you love these spooky little toilet paper roll candy holders from The Muddy Princess? If you're not feeling inspired to put a little creativity into your baking, stash some candy in these! Kimberly has a great tutorial on her blog.
- Ghostly Strawberries: A ghouly twist on chocolate covered strawberries originally from a Taste of Home, but I found it on Gordon Gossip (a ridiculously fun blog find, by the way). Sweet treat with less guilt?
- Witches Cupcakes (in a Hat Cone): Probably the most complicated inspiration on today's board. Up for this challenge from Parents.com? It would definitely be a crowd pleaser!
- Top o' the Cupcake: Simple homemade or s tore-bought cupcakes in your future? Add a printable topper from the Happy Halloween Collection at TomKat Studio! An easy way to dress up any cupcake in Halloween fun! Consequently, The TomKat Studio is one of my favorite party inspiration blogs!
- Hooo Says Candy Houses are just for Christmas: Make a spooky gingerbread or cookie house, just like this one from elfster blog!
Have a spooktacular baked treat to share? Or fake 'n bake treat? We'd love to hear it!
This post originally appeared on (cool) progeny
. Check it out!