A Mom Blog Social Network
Have you ever had a great idea, but you stopped before you even started?
Maybe you thought you weren’t good enough, or that it was never going to work out, or that you didn’t have the means to do it, or you feared that everybody would think you were crazy?
Or you wished you were braver?
The problem is that if we procrastinate, ignore, or stop the flow of our divine guidance long enough, eventually our creativity dries up.
Last week a client told me that she feared she’d lose her talent to create art. She said, “I keep waiting until I am in the mood to start painting, but somehow it never happens, and maybe it never will.”
Her honesty was admirable, and we all recognize ourselves in her. We allow our minds to talk us out of taking action, and we stifle our playful self with all kinds of reasons before we allow our inspiration to flow.
The first step to tap into your creative juices is to take action, and then you’ll get in the mood, not the other way around.
It’s like Leonardo da Vinci said:
"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do."
True self-confidence doesn’t come from a serious ego but from the Soul, who is playful and connected to your true source of genius. So let’s play!
Here’s a playful approach to let go of excuses by connecting you to your playful self. Take a moment, write the answers down, and have fun. It really takes the seriousness away.
15 Questions to Boost Your Confidence into Action Today:
1. Describe your perfect day.
2. What single experience has transformed you, and why?
3. What would you do if you were braver?
4. If you had 60 seconds to share the most important lesson learned, what would it be?
5. What are your 5 favorite activities?
6. What’s one thing you experienced that blew your mind?
7. Have you ever ignored your gut feelings and then wished you hadn’t? Why didn’t you listen?
8. How do you drive yourself crazy?
9. What invitation will you get out of bed for at night?
10. What is the best compliment someone can give you?
11. Describe the best meal you’ve ever had?
12. What do you say to your friend who has lost his/her job?
13. What is something amazing about you that nobody knows?
14. What one eye-opening experience should everyone have?
15. What would make you super-proud if you accomplished it?