A Mom Blog Social Network
It is a time of personal reflection for me. I am borrowing this list of questions from my friend Michelle Wegner. She posted them on her blog a couple of years ago.
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before? I started writing a blog
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don’t make New year’s resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No
4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes.
5. What countries did you visit? I stayed in the US. I did go to Alaska.
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012? Less Anxiety
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? May 25. The day we got married.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? My Blog
9. What was your biggest failure? Letting the devil lie to me, still.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No
11. What was the best thing you bought? Trip to Alaska, and a commercial fishing vessel
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Michael Van Linden- my husband.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? The Republican party
14. Where did most of your money go? Commercial fishing vessel and raising a toddler
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Alaska
16. What song will always remind you of 2012? Your Grace is Enough
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer? a)happier b)the same c) poorer in $, rich in experience.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Reading my bible
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worry,
20. How did you spend Christmas? We spent a few days alone as a family and then he went back to Alaska. Little Crab and I spent Christmas day with my parents
21. Did you fall in love in 2012? Over and over again
22. What was your favorite TV program? Survivor, Dancing with the stars, restaurant Impossible, love it or list it
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No, I have ill feeling towards the same people.
24. What was the best book you read? hmmm I read a lot of books.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? hmmm I’m not sure
26. What did you want and get? Married
27. What did you want and not get? more $
28. What was your favorite film of this year? I really don’t have time for movies
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 35. I spent the day with my son. We went to lunch with my mother in law and sister in law.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Financial security
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012? Comfort
32. What kept you sane? Michael Van Linden and his perspective
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I try not to fancy celebrities
34. What political issue stirred you the most? The election
35. Who did you miss? My friend Matt Butler
36. Who was the best new person you met? New members of the church I work for
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012. Trust the lord, he will guide your ways.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. Francesca Battistelli – Beautiful
Don’t know how it is You looked at me
And saw the person that I could be
Awakening my heart
Breaking through the dark
Suddenly Your grace
Like sunlight burning at midnight
Making my life something so
Mercy reaching to save me
All that I need
You are so
Now there’s a joy inside I can’t contain
But even perfect days can end in rain
And though it’s pouring down
I see You through the clouds
Shining on my face