As a mother it's my duty to keep food on the table. As a single mother, sometimes it's really friggin hard to do that. Difficult as it may be, I manage. The PIT is healthy and growing WAY too fast...for that I am blessed and grateful. For some parents, it's not just difficult, it's friggin impossible. What a horrible feeling...to have a hungry child and there's nothing you can do to fix it this instant. It's a nightmare some parents struggle to wake from every single day.
I read this today at Strength.org
Hunger is affecting more children in our country than ever before.
- 14.1 million children in America live in poverty. That’s 5.5% more than a year ago. (For a four-person family, that means getting by on less than $420 a week.)
- Nearly half (49.2%) of American children will receive SNAP (food stamp) benefits at some point in their life.
- The weak economy has put millions of previously secure American families at risk.
There is a way to help. I've been called to action by the only and only @sexythinker
and have committed to doing what I do best.....spreading the word like an obnoxious cheerleader hopped up on redbull and adderall
Here's how it works....
I hereby call your ass to action btw....get busy
@sexythinker posted the "official" call to action
and says this:
HERE’S HOW YOU CAN HELP
1) If you have a blog: Starting two weeks before the actual Dine Out, please blog to raise awareness for the “No Kid Hungry” campaign and about the “The Great American Dine Out”.
2) If you’re online at all: Use your presence on Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube to spread the word about “The Great American Dine Out” and ask your friends, family and networks to please dine out that week.
3) Join us on Twitter, September 20th from 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m., for our “Tweet-a-Thon” to raise awareness for the campaign. Use and follow the hashtags #DineOut and #NoKidHungry.
All the details and information you need can be found HERE
PLUS: there's a TWEET-A-THON
on September 20th. Make sure you have your ass there~