Yesterday, I was shopping at a local market and came across some hand-packaged baby bok choy. There were 5 perfect heads of bok choy in each bag, and they were charging less than $2.00 for all of them! I love a good deal even more than I love baby bok choy, so I quickly grabbed some, tossed it into my reusable shopping bag, and headed home to make a simple, delicious dinner.
Baby Bok Choy with Crispy Tofu
2 TB neutral cooking oil
2 TB minced garlic
1 TB fresh ginger, grated
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 block firm tofu, pressed and cut into 1 inch cubes
2 TB Bragg's Liquid Amino's or soy sauce
4-5 heads baby bok choy, washed
salt and pepper
- In a large pot with a tight fitting lid, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes. Cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly, until fragrant.
- Add tofu and cook, stirring frequently, until tofu begins to turn golden brown and gets crispy on the edges.
- Add Bragg's Liquid Aminos and stir until the tofu is coated, but be careful not to break up the cubes.
- Lay the baby bok choy on top of the tofu and cover the pot.
- Cook over medium hear for 5-8 minutes, or until steam starts to come out of the sides of the pot.
- Remove lid, lower heat, and continue cooking until most of the liquid has dissolved and the bok choy is wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with sesame oil, and add extra red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Serve with organic brown rice.