A Mom Blog Social Network
Is it possible that we educate our children in everything that they need to succeed? But what about taking care of the environment. Wouldn't this also be part of the life-lesson that as parents need to address with our children. When does the education of our children stop from progressing.
As the celebration of Earth Day approaches on April 22nd, shouldn't it be a priority to educate our children on the importance of taking the Earth, the very essence of their future existence. So where do parents and educators begin?
I found 7 great sites that explain Earth Day in very simple terms and also provide some great games and activities for the kids.
1. The Earth Day Network - the original web site for the promotion of Earth Day.
2. The Nelson Institute - the academic site for the founder of Earth Day.
3. The Nature Conservancy - active site that promotes conservation methods.
4. PBS Games for Earth Day - safe site for the kids to play games and learn about Earth Day.
5. EPA Earth Day - plenty of useful resources for teachers about Earth Day.
6. The Earth Day Groceries Project - schools decorate a paper grocery bag and bring it back to grocery stores. A great way to spread the message about Earth Day.
7. Local sites - nothing is more important than taking care of the environment in your own backyard.
In this significant day, Earth Day is more than promoting recycling, reusing, and reducing. It's about teaching our children the importance of taking care of the home we call planet Earth.
Barbara has science degrees in Biochemistry and Chemistry. She also has tutored under the NCLB program. She is the creator of Spanish4Kiddos and currently a Spanish, Math, and Science bilingual educator. Visit www.spanish4kiddos.com for the latest free worksheets, lesson plans and suggested reading lists.