A Mom Blog Social Network
Is it really Friday again? This week has flown by, but don't they all? It has kind of been a blur for me. I'm not sure if that's because the weather has been so hot, I'm 7mo preggo, or just because I've been so busy. I'm sure you've been busy too! Enjoy your weekend, put your feet up, make some lemonade, and catch up on good book.....or laundry, whichever.
Here are my five favorite things from this past week.
1. I wish Brodey and I could have spent Father's Day with Gabe. But I am so thankful for a husband that truly is a wonderful dad. I heard a sermon at church on Sunday that has stayed in my heart all week about how we have a country in need of some good men that can step up and be good father's. Gabe is NOT perfect (neither am I) but he ALWAYS makes time for Brodey. He is the kind of dad that gives him horsey rides to bed, reads him stories, takes an extra 1/2 hour to unload a truck of wood so Brodey can help, and will play cops and robbers (or cowboys and Indians) until mom says it's time for bed. It means so much to me to be married to a man that goes out of his way to build a relationship with his son.
2. After my mini pregnancy hormone induced breakdown last Saturday over the boys' room,it felt good to jump into this project. My mom totally came to rescue on this one. Thanks mom! In one day we stripped the wallpaper, took down the existing chair rail and got all the walls painted. I love the color I choose by Sherwin-Williams, it's called Rookwood Terra Cotta. It looks really orange in this picture, but it has more brown to it and it is not nearly as bright as it seems. It is the perfect color for an adventure/outdoors theme bedroom. A little man's room. Can't wait to finish phase 2!
3. Oh my word was it hot this week! I had plans to finish phase two of the bedroom project, but at 7mo pregnant I had no desire to take apart pallets in 90+ degree weather. So we went to the pool instead. Brodey did so well swimming too! He can touch the bottom this year so he has fun bouncing around in the shallow end playing with his little rocket and a squirt gun. He didn't even need to hang onto me the whole time [tear] like he did last year. He is getting so big. He has a blast with his cousins too. His older cousin Bryce is so good to him and went out his way to play with him. That warmed my heart. Bryce is going into 7th grade and he doesn't have that "I'm too cool" attitude. I love that. Brodey appreciates it too.
4. I had fun sewing these burp cloths for a baby shower I attended this week. I love making things for other people and this project by "Sew She Sews" is great because it is so easy, it comes together quickly and this gift is always a success!
5. I hit the 30 weeks mark of this pregnancy yesterday. I can't believe how fast this is going, but I am thankful for it. I hope the these last weeks will continue to go as smoothly. I'm sure they will go as quickly.