A Mom Blog Social Network
http://earthgirlsrock.com/newlywed-couples-7-ways-love-wordFebruary is the month of love. When wives get flowers and candy from their husband and both of them are so in love with each other that you become love sick. What happens when February is gone does the gooey eye moment end or does it continue. Sadly for some it ends. Statistic shows that out of twelve marriages at least one couple is divorce within two years even more scary the average marriage is only seven years long. So being a newlywed I take my marriage very seriously. I was raised in a two parent household and my parents will be celebrating their 40th anniversary in June. Now that is TRUE LOVE. So I complied a list of seven ways to say I love you your spouse with saying a word just for the newlywed.
1) Smile. It's amazing to me how some couple can go all day and not smile at each other, I try to make it a habit that when my husband comes home from work that he is greeted with a smile. I don't know if he had a hard day or not and if he did I want to make sure that when he comes home that he is greeted with a warm and genuine smile.
2) Love notes. There is nothing like a love note to let your husband or wife know how much you love them and really appreciate them. Sometimes you don't have to go out and buy the biggest thing to show your affection, but a simple note can show more love than you will ever know.
3) Love texts. In today's high-speed technology you should you this for your advantage to send quick I love you texts to your spouse. Why? Because it can brighten anyone days plus it let them know you are thinking about them
4) Doing Silly Things Together. Marion and I both are silly. It's common for us to do something silly together. If it's dancing in the kitchen or making up silly songs. But we do it and love doing it. So do something silly or at least something that both of you like. You will be amazed how it makes both of you feel
5) Laughter. In my house you can say we are laughing about something constantly. Not just because we are trying to hide a problem or issue, but laughter is what keeps a home feeling homey and second it keeps the sparks in your marriage. If you can laugh at yourself or issue in your life to me you are doom. My parents laugh at each other all the time and they have a solid marriage so if it works for them it has to work for me.
6) Holding Hands. My parents still hold each other hands when they go out. After 40 years of marriage. That says a lot. Holding hands to me shows that you are still in love with your spouse. Even through the good and the bad you are still there. Holding hands let the other spouse know you have their back no matter what obstacle you face we will face them together.
7) Kissing. Now let me tell you I am not the kissey type, but I do love when Marion kiss me on my lips or cheek. Why because it just a feeling of love that can't be explain, but I know this man loves me and only me as his wife. Sometimes I even kiss him out of the blue and he gets really shock by that. Kissing is just a form of love that let you spouse know that I love you, your flaws an all, but I love you.
So hopefully this little list will keep all newly married couples happy for a long time. If you like to add to it please do I would love to hear your suggestion.