"Do you want to have another baby?"
"Do you want to get married before your legally allowed too?"
"What font do you want to use on your business cards?"
"Oh, I don't know, I am really going to have to think about that. I might change my mind about twenty-five times before I can let you know for sure."
Small decisions, on the other hand, stop me dead in my tracks.
|I finally decided! Yay me!
5. When I was a little girl I remember walking through the mall with my Grandma shopping. She wouldn't take the time to try things on in the store, she'd just take them off the rack, pay for them and decide at home if she liked it or not. Made it real easy to buy new things all the time. It made shopping very simple. She would also bring bags in to the house through the back door and would very quickly put them in her closet. You know. Just better not to ruffle any feathers.
I tell you all this because I found myself doing this very thing last Saturday. I find myself doing a lot of the things my grandma used to do. Love her. I had to run into Target for something quick. Yes, Erik needed cold medicine, but I just happened to get to the pharmacy department in a very round about way. A walk through the ladies department and then a quick breeze down the shoe isle. I grabbed an outfit and a pair of shoes to match. In and out in ten minutes!
As I was leaving the store I found myself tying up the bag and sliding it in the car all James Bond like. It really wasn't necessary because Erik doesn't care if I shop. But, he doesn't like when I detour from my purpose and he doesn't love it when I leave him in the car, with all the kids, while I just "run in." Also, with him not feeling the greatest and all. You know. Just better not to ruffle any feathers!
6. On that note, I got the cutest, most adorable new pair of shoes. It was 80 degrees on Saturday and so I felt the need to buy a summery outfit and a pair of sandals. Not bad for a ten minute shopping spree!
|So adorable I can barely stand it!
7. I'm an all or nothin kind of girl. Really messy or really clean. Totally excited or totally bummed. High energy or completely lazy. Eat nothing or eat it all!
|I'm currently going with the messy side of myself.
8. I am very much a homebody. One time I didn't cross the threshold for two whole weeks. And, it didn't bother me at all.
9. I have no idea why I am addicted to house hunting shows. I don't want to move, I love our house, and we don't have the money for a vacation home. But, I love seeing what everyone else is buying. What kind of house can you get, for how much, where?
10. I get really mad at Erik when he is driving and constantly looks over at me when I'm talking to him. I am a terrible passenger. I am really afraid of car accidents and so I am always on edge in the car. Anyway, the other day I was telling him to stop looking at me and to keep his eyes on the road.
He says in his very patient, understanding tone, "do you know why I look at you when your talking to me? Because you talk with gestures. I can't hear gestures honey. And then when you do say something, you mumble. So, I have gotten real good at reading your lips when we talk or reading your body language."
I am so blessed to be with a man that totally and completely gets me. I am so abundantly thankful that we are doing this thing called "life" together, because without him I would feel lost.
Love you babe. Thank you for reading my lips!