Meeting your monthly expenses sometimes is hard, especially in this day and time. The frist step to stretching your dollar is getting a plan in place. Decide what your financial goals are and see how you can reduce your overhead expenses.
Today I wanted to share about how you can consider reducing your Housing expenses. Rent / Mortgage, Utilities, Telephone, Water U other items.
Rent / Mortgage
- Find an apartment that is cheaper to lower your monthly rent.
- Find a roommate. Rent out one of your bedrooms.
- Move in with your family for a period of time.
- Evaluate the size of your home and if you can down size, do so.
- Schedule an energy audit through your power company. Most companies will do this free of charge. All you have to do is call and schedule it. If the power company does charge usually what you learn in the audit, you will save in the upgrades or repairs.
- Turn down the thermostat and put on more clothes during the winter. Turn up the thermostat during the summer and use fans to circulate the air.
- Turn out lights, TV & computers when you are finished.
- Replace filters on furnaces once a month or as needed.
- Run dishwashers, washing machines & dryers only when you have a full load.
- Change to only having a cell phone.
- If you have to have a land line, go down to the basic plan.
- Use your cell phone for all long distance calls.
- Check out rates for cell phones at Letstalk.com
- Hit up the yard sales. You will find great deals at yard sales. Don't be scared to ask for a lower price at a yard sale.
- By seasonal decorations after the season has ended for next year. Plan ahead.
- Visit flea markets or peddlers malls for decors.
In Home Repairs
- Do it yourself when you can
- Check with friends on repair companies to narrow down the search and they will be able to tell you about the fees.
- Go to Home Depot & Lowes and take classes to be able to do repairs yourself.
Next time I will share with you about how to stretch your dollar with Food & Automobile.