Every day this month, I’ve read many friends Facebook posts and Tweets expressing their thankfulness for awesome things in their lives. It’s a great time of year to reflect on all we have (a lot) and to be thankful. I never have gotten around to posting something daily, so I figured I’d create a post listing all my blessings. And I have many.
- My husband. He is my rock. He is the sanity to my insanity. He’s a wonderful husband and a fantastic father. And he’s super handsome.
- My children. God blessed me with two beautiful, smart, intelligent, and funny daughters. I’m proud to be their mom. I’m even prouder of the amazing young ladies they are becoming.
- My family. Everyone says they have the best family in the world. But I really do. I’m thankful not only for my own biological family, but so happy to be a part of Greg’s family too.
- My friends. I’ve been fortunate to call some of the best women I know my close friends. They make me laugh until my sides hurt, cry with me when I’m sad, and listen to me when I need them. So thankful for my many friendships.
- My pets. A dog named Lily and kitties Gus and Charlotte. I’m so thankful to have them to cuddle with every day. And their antics and idiosyncrasies make me laugh.
- My home. It is truly my safe place. My haven. The place I want to be. I’ve lived here 16 years and loved every minute of it.
- My health: I’ve had some health issues in the past but currently am healthy. I thank God for this every day.
- The kindness of others. Whether it’s a person helping a person across the street or someone donating their services to help those in need, I love to see kindness in people.
And on a lighter note:
- Coffee. While I’m working to decaf myself, I will not stop drinking coffee. It’s too good. It starts my day right and makes me happy.
- Books. I love to read (I don’t really watch tv at night) and can usually finish a book or two a week. I love when I finish a book and I can’t stop thinking about it.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Holiday Candy. Pumpkins, Christmas Trees, Hearts, or Eggs. I’m addicted.
- My cell phone. I love my connectedness. It’s such an amazing thing to have information at my finger tips in seconds. I appreciate it so much.
- Word games. Scrabble, Word Feud, Scramble with Friends....love ‘em all. I tell myself that I’m avoiding dementia by exercising brain fitness.
- My computer. I love my Mac so much I wanna marry it. I can’t believe we all we can do with computers and the internet now. I’m astonished daily.
- The water. I’m so grateful to live in a water front town. The beauty of the Susquehanna River and Chesapeake Bay is astounding and I don’t take it for granted for one second.
- My camera. The new one, that I have not yet learned how to use. I’m a beast on the automatic settings though.
- My car (SUV). So thankful to have reliable and comfortable transportation. I can fit a whole bunch of kids and the dog. And I love it.
- Wine. I used to be more of a beer drinker, but as I’ve gotten older, I feel like it bloats me and leaves me feeling full. Wine, red or white, are always available at my house. (Especially since discovering the Wine Boat.)
- Music. All kinds. I listen to everything from Classical and Opera to Top 40, Coffee House, Alternative, and more. I love having an ipod, satellite radio, music stations on the tv, Pandora, and regular radio. I can always find music to suit my mood.
- Quiet. I do love some peace and quiet. I no longer love loud, noisy, or chaotic. When it’s peaceful at home with my family and my furry friends, I’m feeling bliss.
- My blog and my readers. I’m learning so much about writing and love that you follow me. I am so so thankful for you!!
I hope you enjoyed my list. I’ve enjoyed reading yours.