Blog marketing is not all that hard if you know what you are doing. However, if this is your very first blog and you are wondering how to
get readers to it then you are in the right place.
First let me just say that marketing your blog is going to require patience,
and being consistent. You will have to update your blog frequently if
you want to keep readers coming back for more. We are all guilty of
making a blog, wanting it to be great, putting only one entry into it
and then never going back to update it again. I think everyone in cyber
world has done this at one time or another.
Here are some great tips to use when trying to get your blog out there and get new readers.
- Make sure that your blog has the track back feature. Let me tell you why. When you have the track back feature on your blog,
you are allowing other people to link to your blog. Maybe someone has a
post to post on their blog that is relevant to one of yours. They can
use the talkback to your post, and send their readers to your blog so
that they know what they are referring to. Another good thing to
remember is that if someone gives you a track back, it is a courtesy to
return that to their blog if at all possible.
- Having a Google account and submitting a sitemap is almost a must when you are blog marketing. Doing so will allow Google to know how often you are updating your blog
and they will automatically know of any changes that you have made to
it as well. This will let Google get those new pages indexed faster and
get them into search results much quicker than if you did not have the
sitemap. There is a certain way you have to do the sitemap for Google,
and they can explain that to you. Just know this is an important step to
- Exchanging links with authority blogs and websites that are in your same market is another great way to get the word out about your
blog. The authority sites are going to have a higher page rank,
and will also be listed high in Google’s search results. Check those
out and see if they are up to exchanging links. If they are not, you
could always just add those into your blogroll. You do not need
permission to do that if they are not into linking. However, in the
world of blogs, most blog owners are thankful for all links, and are
willing to return the favor.
- You are going to want to be sure that all of your posts are formatted. Doing so will leave out any confusion for the search engines and you
will have everything nice and neat and all organized. The label tags are
there for a reason when you are dealing with blogs. So using them and
not leaving them out is a great idea.
- Tracking is another part of blog marketing that is so very important. You want to be able to track your visitors and clickers to know where
they are coming from. You want to be able to tell what keywords they
searched on to find your blog and where they did their searching. Doing
so will help take out all of the guess work when it comes to blog
marketing. You will know what keywords are working, and which are not. Google Analytics is a great – and free – tool to help you know your site statistics.
Blog marketing does take work but as you implement practices such as those listed above, your efforts will start paying off. Use these tips
and start getting your blog out there and seen today!