A Mom Blog Social Network
Once in a while people will ask me “How are you and your husband?” Many times it is someone I don’t know very well, but I always respond the same, “We are good.” I don’t think the answer satisfies them, but it is the truth. How is it possible that we are still happy together after 21 years and more hardships than I can count? I am not sure, but a few reasons come to mind.
Because someone asked me this question yesterday and Valentine’s Day is this week I thought I would share my reasons.
Sometimes I can’t stand him and I just want him out of my sight and then miraculously the next day I will feel like I did the first time I met him. Head over heels in love. I can only speak for myself, so I will tell why I love being married to Lou and why I think we are still married despite the odds. FYI, According to statistics the divorce rate for couples with a special needs child hovers around 80 percent.
1. Lou loves me more than any other human being in the whole world. I don’t know why he does, but his unwavering love for me gives me the strength to cope with our life.
2. We never blame each other for Tiara’s medical condition or her behaviors.
3. We both believe in putting our children first and would do anything in the world to help them succeed in life.
4. I trust he is always faithful to me, and never waste time questioning his devotion or commitment to our relationship.
5. I love that he follows me around whenever he is home, trying to grab a squeeze, yet I always play hard to get.
6. He tells me the moment I wake up every morning “How beautiful I look.” Only a blind person would think I look beautiful first thing in the morning, but he seems to be sincere.
7. He likes to tease me but realizes when I am truly upset and stops immediately.
8. He would rather spend time with me, than with “the guys”.
9. The way he looks at me makes me feel like the most special person in the world.
10. Whenever he knows I am really stressed or upset, he rubs my shoulders, my head and my ears.
11. He watches my stupid shows even if he doesn’t want to as long as I sit with him on the couch.
12. He is very simple and easy to deal with. Feed him, love him, be nice to him and give him intimacy on a regular basis and I can do no wrong. If I skip anyone of these he gets super agitated and grumpy so I try my best to do all of these things.
I was going to write a little more, but Tiara is in the process of “taking me down” which isn’t a good thing. Gotta Go!
available on kindle