If you’re always in a rush and barely have the time to put together a sandwich, then buying a crockpot will make your life significantly easier. A crockpot or slow cooker allows you to make a wide range of one-pot meals. This kitchen appliance does a wonderful job of bringing out the flavors in different dishes. Here are some of our favorite recipes.
Mac & Cheese (Serves 4)
When you’re in the mood to treat yourself, but don’t feel like making too much effort, our Mac & Cheese recipe will save your day. This Mac & Cheese tastes a million times better than any boxed version, and doesn’t require a lot of work!
- ½ lb elbow macaroni ( or any short tube pasta of your choice)
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 can whole milk
- 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cream cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup bread crumbs (optional)
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp turmeric
- Combine macaroni, evaporated milk, whole milk, cheddar cheese, cream cheese and parmesan cheese in a crockpot. Season with paprika, garlic powder, turmeric, salt and pepper.
- Cook on high for two hours. Then check every 15 minutes till the pasta is al dente and sauce has thickened.
- Serve hot topped with toasted bread crumbs.
Chicken & Dumplings (serves 2)
Try our Chicken & Dumplings if you’re looking for the perfect comfort food for cosy night-ins. The one-pot delicious and nutritious meal is suitable for busy parents.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can of chicken cream soap
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 stalk celery (chopped)
- 1 carrot (chopped)
- 1 small shallot (chopped)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ½ cup parsley
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 small bay leaf
- 2 cloves
- ½ can biscuits
- On the bottom of a crockpot, spread a layer of shallots. Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and oregano and place it on top of chopped shallots.
- Add chicken cream soup and chicken broth along with bay leaf and cloves. Cook on high for 3 hours or till the chicken is cooked through.
- Open the crockpot, remove and discard bay leaf and cloves. Use two forks to shred the chicken. Add carrots, celery and frozen peas.
- Cut biscuits into bite-sized pieces. Stir everything together.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 to 1.5 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with parsley and serve hot.
Fudgy Brownie (Makes 10)
Treat yourself to these scrumptious Fudgy Brownies. Moist and chocolatey- the ultimate indulgence.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- ½ chocolate chips of choice
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Parchment paper
- Lightly spray the bottom of the crockpot with non-stick cooking spray. Line it with parchment paper and spray another coat.
- Take a bowl and whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips with butter. Microwave in 30-seconds intervals and stir in between till smooth consistency. Stir in sugar, wait for the mixture to cool a bit and then add eggs.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture until thoroughly combined. Avoid over mixing.
- Transfer to the prepared crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours and then uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting into pieces. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Apart from being easy to operate, clean and maintain, crockpots are also highly energy-efficient. To enjoy greater energy savings, compare electricity prices and switch to a competitively-priced plan. If you’re on the market for a new plan, check out Energy Australia reviews.