This content may contain affiliate links or sponsored content. Read our disclosure here.
For the filling
- 6 cups (3 pints) fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
For the topping
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, such as almonds or pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Make filling: Mix blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and salt in medium bowl. Transfer to baking dish.
- Make topping: Stir together flour, oats, nuts, baking powder and salt.
- Cream butter and sugar in a mixer with paddle attachment until pale and fluffy. Add dry ingredients into butter mixture and mix.
- Using your hands, drop clumps of the topping evenly over the blueberry filling.
- Bake until bubbling in center and slightly brown on top, about 1 hour.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool before serving. This will allow the filling to set, or serve immediately with ice cream for “a la mode.”
Make and freeze extra batches of the topping for future use.
Recipe By Rosa Diana @Lady Diana’s Pearls
Adapted from Martha Stewart