Cake Pops are a fun way to enjoy one of my favorite desserts, cake!
Here’s a yummy and easy recipe for using your Babycakes Mini Cake Pop Maker.
Chocolate Cake Pops
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup freshly brewed hot coffee
- Glaze or coating of choice
1. Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl. Add buttermilk, vegetable oil, egg and vanilla. Using a mixer, blend until smooth.
2. Add coffee and continue mixing until coffee is evenly incorporated into mixture.
3. Fill each cooking reservoir with about 1 tablespoon of batter.
4. Bake 4 to 5 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a cake pop comes out clean.
5. Allow to cool and glaze or coat, as desired.
Makes About 6-1/2 Dozen Cake Pops
Tip: If you don’t have buttermilk on hand, pour 3/4 teaspoons lemon juice or vinegar into a glass measuring cup. Add milk to equal 1/4 cup. Allow to stand 5 to 10 minutes, then use in place of buttermilk in this recipe.
Browse and get your Cake Pop maker here.