We just had a whirlwind of a summer! Having wrapped up classes in early May – we began a few months of travel upon travel upon travel. Some trips were short and nearby – while others were long road trips to some of our favorite places.
I’m just going to say it – I hate flying, but I love taking adventures across the roadways of America. This means that we put a lot of hours into travel… all while using my smartphone to document the journey.
As you can imagine, this takes a big toll on my phone’s battery! (Not to mention my aging mom-batter. But that’s an entirely different subject!) So, I’ve usually traveled with at least two portable chargers in tow.
This summer, I collaborated with myCharge and headed out on my adventures with their Wireless Portable Charger.
Keeping up with the kids and documenting their fun at Cedar Point
I needed to do this on several occasions and by simply placing my Qi-enabled smartphone directly on top of the myCharge while it was plugged into the outlet – they were able to charge simultaneously!
Adventuring to Gatlinburg, Tennessee.
Documenting our trip to Destin, Florida this summer.
We spend a lot of hours out on the beach when we travel to the coast. Recording video, going live on social media, and posting to social accounts requires a portable charger to keep my tech going. I brought a waterproof bag and between uses, just placed my phone on top of the myCharge inside of the bag. (Making sure to still place in a “safe spot” and allow venting.)
All the places I took the myCharge:
- Roadtrip to Destin, Florida
- On the beach in Destin (Placed in a waterproof bag!)
- Road trip to Gatlinburg, Tennessee
- Roadtrip to Carowinds in Charlotte, North Carolina
- To Carowinds amusement park
- Many trips to Kings Island amusement park
- Roadtrip to Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio
- To Cedar Point amusement park
- Many trips to the local state park
- Trips to the pool and waterpark
- To Bloggy Conference at Cedar Point (Because I’m using social media like crazy that weekend!)
We still have a lot on our schedule through the remainder of the year – and I’ll have the myCharge with me the entire time. There are several festivals we attend where my connection is spotty – which drains my battery as the phone tries to connect continuously.