August 10th is National S’mores Day! These mini treats are a perfect way to help you celebrate. According to the S’mores Cookbook Americans buy 90 millions pounds of marshmallows every year! If you don’t have access to a firepit or open flame, this recipe is a great way to fill that s’more craving just using your oven.
We have been making these mini s’mores for years. They are so addicting! We’ve made these in the middle of winter when we are yearning for those summer days and I made these for my son’s ‘Camping Theme’ Birthday party one year. These mini s’mores are easy to make, and great for indoors because they are not as messy as regular s’mores. I warn you now though, once you eat one, you will want another.
- Graham Crackers – 1 Sleeve
- Butter 6 Tablespoons
- 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Chocolate (Hersey’s or Chocolate Chips)
- 12 Large Marshmallows Cut in 1/2
- Mini cupcake pan
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Smash up your graham crackers. I just placed them in a ziplock back and smash. You could use a food processor if you have one.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs with butter and powdered sugar to make graham cracker crust.
- Spray mini muffin pan with non-stick spray and place mixture in the mini cupcake pan. About 1 Tablespoon in each mini cupcake, use the back of the tablespoon to press into mini cupcake pan.
- Bake graham cracker crust for 5 minutes.
- Place piece of chocolate or a few chocolate chips in each cupcake.
- Cut large marshmallows in half. Top the graham cracker and chocolate with a marshmallow cut side down.
- Place in oven for 3-5 minutes.
- If you want to brown marshmallows place under broiler for 1-2 minutes.
- Let cool for about 15 minutes and enjoy!
Thank you for reading if you’ve enjoyed the content you’ve read above please share with your friends. www.BlogAboutItAll.com.