Every year on March 14th Pi Day is celebrated. I love any excuse to make math and learning fun, so in honor of Pi Day this year we are eating PIE all day! I thought I would share these easy food recipes our family will be eating so you join in the fun in celebrating Pi Day.
First a little refresher on Pi. Pi is the ratio of a circle’s circumference to its diameter. It’s a constant number, so no matter how small or large your circle is, Pi will always be the same! Pi is a never-ending number, and it continues without repetition or pattern. It’s approximately 3.14159265359. Pi Day is celebrated on March 14th in classrooms across the country.
Now onto the food, I don’t know about your kids but if I say we are having a quiche for breakfast they will say gross, but if I say I am making a breakfast pie they will eat it, (don’t tell them they are the same thing).
For lunch, we will be making our own pizza’s using Wholly Wholesome Gluten Free Pizza Dough. For dinner chicken pot pies and to top it all off Apple Pie using Wholly Wholesome ready-to-bake Pie Crust.
As a busy mom to four boys, I appreciate shortcuts that assist me in my cooking adventures. Wholly Wholesome has the finest all-natural ready-to-eat, ready-to-bake and thaw-and-serve baked goods producer on the market. It is especially nice that they can be found at my local Bel-Air Grocery Store.
You can see pictures of our creations on the blog at: http://www.blogaboutitall.com/advice.html
Check out my YouTube Video of us making these recipes at: https://youtu.be/f1muTCAvREA
Pi Pizza Recipe
- Wholly Wholesome Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- Pizza Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Mini Pepperonis
- Thaw out Pizza Dough in the refrigerator overnight or for approximate 3 hours on the counter.
- Roll out Pizza Dough per directions on package.
- Top with pizza Sauce.
- Add mozzarella cheese
- Make Pi Symbol with mini pepperonis
- Bake at 400ºF for 12-15 minutes.
Easy Pi Apple Pie
- Wholly Wholesome 9” Pie Crust
- ½ cup packaged brown sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 6 Granny Smith apples
- ½ cup unsalted butter to top before baking
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Peel and Slice 6 Granny Smith Apples.
- Remove the additional pie crust and set aside to thaw (this will be used as the topping of the pie)
- Fill the main pie crust with apples and mound slightly.
- Cut the butter in tablespoons and place around the apples before placing the crust on top.
- Use both parchment sheets included with the pie crust roll out the additional pie crust in between sheets. Cut out a Pi symbol and place on top of apple pie.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Reduce the temperature to 350ºF. Continue baking for 35-45 minutes until apples are soft.
Here is additional information on Wholly Wholesome. I was really impressed with the quality of these products, the pie crust was so tender and flaky, amazing!
All Wholly Wholesome products are made with all-natural and organic ingredients. Offering an array of ready-to-eat, ready-to-bake and thaw-and-serve products such as Pie Crusts, Gluten Free Pizza Dough Balls, Organic and Gluten Free Pie Shells…Wholly Wholesome products are the perfect way to celebrate National Pi Day!
Planning a Pi Day party? Check out Wholly Wholesome’s blog, they have some fun ideas on how to celebrate both in and outside of the classroom!
You can find Wholly Wholesome products near you at Bel-Air, Raley’s and Whole Foods. Stay up to date with Wholly Wholesome, by following them on social media!
Thank you for reading if you’ve enjoyed the content you’ve read above please share with your friends. www.BlogAboutItAll.com