I received an e-mail from Better Homes and Garden with a recipe link for these adorable Pumpkin-Shaped Meatball Biscuits. Although they looked so festive and delicious I know I do not need another appetizer this Thanksgiving, we always have too much food.
I thought I could still make these without the meatball and just have them as festive pumpkin shaped rolls to go with our Thanksgiving meal and not as another appetizer. I love the way they turned out.
These pumpkin shaped bread rolls are easy to make, I used string cheese in the center of mine and although Thanksgiving is two weeks away, I tried these the other night with our dinner and my family loved them. That is a great tip if you want to try a new recipe don’t wait until Thanksgiving day, do it now. You get the practice to make sure it will turn out as you hope and a taste test to see if it is a hit with everyone else and if you really want to serve it on Thanksgiving.
These do require a little patience, it takes a little time to tie the string around the biscuits but I still think it is worth the effort. These would be great to bring to a Friendsgiving party or even make for any weeknight meal with your family during the Fall season.
What you need:
1 can of jumbo refrigerated biscuits (I used the 8 ct. of Pillsbury Biscuits)
String Cheese Sticks
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Prepare your kitchen string, buy cutting into pieces.
3. I cut each string cheese stick into 4 pieces.
4. Use the palm of your hand to flatten one biscuit. Place the cut piece of string cheese stick in the center of the biscuit and fold all pieces up.
5. Loosely tie the kitchen string around the dough to resemble sections of the pumpkin.
6. Place seam side down on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Cool five minutes, carefully remove the string and top with a pretzel to resemble the stem of the pumpkin. Serve warm.
See more pictures on the blog at www.BlogAboutItAll.com.