March Break is almost here – the week your kids look forward to all year (and the same week you may dread.) What to do if you’re home with the kiddies for a staycation this year? The trick is to keep them busy so here at Bite Me More we’ve come up with 5 fun-filled foodie activities for you and your kids that’ll keep everyone smiling and out of trouble!
1) Bake up a COOKIE PIZZA! This candy-coated cookie pizza recipe is our go-to. Fun to make and even more fun to eat! Yum! Now I’ll be honest – I love kids. Got a handful, myself. I just don’t usually want them “helping” me while I cook. At the other end of the spectrum stands my saintly sister, Chef Lisa. To her, sticky fingers + chaos + flying flour = heaven. Heck, she’d wear a Carmen Miranda get-up if it’d lure the wee ones whisk-ward. But I’ve got to admit, this recipe provides a delicious, easy way to have fun with the kids in the kitchen. CLICK HERE FOR THE RECIPE.
2) Make MACARONI & CHEESE BITES. Looking for the perfect one-biter recipe the kids will love to make as much as they love to eat? These Macaroni and Cheese Bites, balls of cheesy noodle greatness, are coated in breadcrumbs and baked to golden perfection. Who could resist such perfection? CLICK HERE FOR THE RECIPE.
3) Have a POPCORN MAKING PARTY. Love popcorn? Want to go beyond the typical ‘butter’ flavor and have some fun? From sweet to savoury, our Top 5 Popcorn Recipes offer something for everyone and are perfect to make with your kids and their friends! They’re simple and delicious and will make everyone happy! CLICK HERE FOR THE RECIPES.
4) Make ICE CREAM SANDWICHES. Forget waiting in line at the ice cream store, create your own ice cream sandwich bar right at home! If you have different cookies ready, different types of ice cream, and tons of candy, you’re set! And c’mon, who doesn’t love a good ice cream sandwich? Get inspired with these delicious Ice Cream Sandwich Combinations: For Chocolate lovers, pair our GOOEY DOUBLE CHOCOLATE COOKIES with chocolate ice cream and dip them in M and M’s, Crushed Peanuts and Mini White Chocolate Chips. For Vanilla fans, pair our SOFT OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES with Vanilla Ice Cream dipped in skor peices, and our EASY SUGAR COOKIES with Vanilla ice cream dipped in your kids favorite sprinkles! And for our delicious Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich, CLICK HERE FOR THE RECIPE.
5) Make TACO WAFFLES. The best part about March Break? Sleep ins! No rushing to make it before the bell rings and lots of time to laze around in your pj’s. And if breakfast time approaches lunch hour, we have the perfect recipe to satisfy your hungry crew. These Taco Waffles are corn waffles topped with tasty taco beef. That’s right, you can have this for breakfast, lunch or dinner – taco ’bout innovative and delicious! CLICK HERE FOR THE RECIPE.
Hope these help you have some delicious fun. Happy March Break, Moms!